Sarah & Jon’s Creekside Villa wedding in Canmore was filled with all the right vibes. They wanted a fun, intimate, relaxed wedding that was a reflection of them – and it couldn’t have been more perfect.
Below is just a sample of their day, to view the entire thing click here.
Venue: Creekside Villa Canmore
Hair & Make Up: Simply Me
Wedding Dress: Ethos Bridal
Marriage Commissioner: Patrick Smiley
From the Couple
Wedding theme and colours (explain the reason behind your decision):
We didn’t have to do much here because our venue was already beautiful and we were surrounded by our favourite setting in the world. We tried to continue the mountain/outdoorsy/cosy feel throughout. The burgundy accents were partially the bridesmaid’s choice and we thought the deep merlot stood out amoungst the green!
Approximate number of wedding guests:
We had around 60 guests which was unbelievably perfect as we got to spend time with our guests through the day 🙂
Your top 3 best moments and why:
It’s hard to only pick three!
1. Jon – When Sarah first touched my shoulder prior to the first look; it was like I was seeing her for the first time all over again
2. Sarah – Being so nervous to read my handwritten vows in public, then feeling those nerves melt away once I was face to face with Jon in front of all our guests; I just felt grounded and confident in that moment 🙂
3. Not seeing a cloud all day – the weather couldn’t have been more perfect, we got good karma from somewhere!
Wedding song, explain choice for song:
We had two! We walked down the aisle to “Baby I love you” by the Ramones. It’s a really sweet song but also encompassed Sarah’s punk roots and being more upbeat it reflected us as a couple.
We had our first dance to “The way you look tonight” by Frank Sinatra who is one of our favourite classic artists and again, it’s a little more bubbly and upbeat than your typical first dance song which is more us.
Your top 3 favorite wedding details (cake, flowers, dress, band, etc.) and why:
1. Our DIY pieces! We had some amazing help from our friends to put some of our wedding details together – our friend Steffi did the graphic design for our signs, our Maid of Honour spent countless hours glittering table numbers and made our bouquets by hand, two of the Groomsman did the woodwork for our table numbers with Jon, one of our guest’s and their Dad took us to their property to obtain the wood we needed for multiple projects and more. We had so much help and the love really showed through in all of these details.
2. Woodland animal centrepieces – these cute little guys were actually made by an artist in Belarus and were made to be children’s toys. We found them on Etsy and bought them without knowing how we would use them but they added a really special little touch to the day.
3. Gold cutlery! Creekside has this gorgeous matte gold cutlery that we fell in love with on our first visit and complimented the rest of their incredible venue.
Any advice to those that are planning their wedding?
We tried to plan a party rather than a wedding and didn’t spend any time on details that didn’t matter to us. We planned enough to be organized, but not so much that we felt burdened by a schedule. Things will get twisted, just expect it and let it go.
We just got back from an amazing 5 night stay in California that included Disney, beach exploring, electric scootering around LA, visiting one of the largest automotive museums in the world; eating all the food and generally just relaxing 🙂