We loved this beautiful riverside wedding in Edson, Alberta. We first met Nicole & Aaron back in November for their engagement turned surprise proposal. We were so excited do their wedding ever since!
The below is just a sample of their day. To view the entire day click here.
Ceremony location: Mcleod River- Bride and Grooms Property
Reception location: Peers Multiplex
Bridal gown: David’s Bridal Edmonton
Bridal party attire: David’s Bridal Edmonton
Groom’s Suit: Jensen’s Clothing Edson
Cake: Jen’s Cake Stop Edson
Caterer: Melissa Paulson
Favours: Personalized stemless wine Glass
Music: Nightowl DJ Whitecourt
Hair and makeup: Jackie Robinson @ studio on 3 rd
Flowers: Jacqueline’s Gardens Niton Junction
Marriage Commissioner: Laura Klotz Hinton AB
Wedding theme and colours (explain the reason behind your decision):
We went with a vintage/rustic theme because it suited our ceremony spot and we loved the simplicity of the décor. Our colours where blush and ivory.
Approximate number of wedding guests:
Your top 3 best moments and why:
1. Exchanging our vows in front of our family and friends because we waited so long to do so.
2. After the ceremony getting to see all of our family and friends that we don’t get to see very often.
3. The reception! After all of the stress and work it was so awesome to be able to visit, eat, drink and dance. We were finally relaxed!
Wedding song, explain choice for song:
Grow old with me by Sunny Sweeney- We chose this song because out of all the songs we listened to this was the one that had the most meaning to us.
Your top 3 favorite wedding details (cake, flowers, dress, band, etc.) and why:
1. Our homemade signs, arbor and backdrop. We enjoyed spending time together and had fun making stuff for our wedding.
2. Our flowers, I just loved how simple and beautiful the carnations and baby’s breath were. The flowers really added to the vintage/rustic
theme we were going for.
3. The Ceremony spot- This spot is a beautiful place on our property that we will get to enjoy for many years to come.