Who would have thought it would be full on blizzard in the middle of September? But, nothing was going to bring Julia and Dave down during their Nisku Inn Wedding. These two have such an obvious strong connection, we were so honored to be there for their day.
Below is just a sample of their day, to view the entire gallery click here.
Venue: Nisku Inn and Conference Centre
Marriage Commissioner: Anthony Henshall
Cake: The Bride herself!
DJ: David McBean
Hair: Myrna Hood
Make up: Raisa Cruz
Wedding Dress: Bridal Boutique
Bridesmaids: David’s Bridal
Groom & Groomsmen: Moores
Invitations: Christina Cooper
From the Couple
Navy and wine with plum accents. We chose these colours because Julia always wanted a fall wedding and those fit the season perfectly. And with the snow, the colours really came through.
Approximate number of wedding guests:
Your top 3 best moments and why:
1. First look on the bridge. Walking up to David, it finally sank in that we were getting married. All the stress had melted away and in that moment it was just the two of us starting another chapter in our lives.
2. First kiss. Our first kiss as wife and husband was a significant moment. Julia was extremely elated, and David was a good mess of tears.
3. Having all our family and friends there with us. With all the craziness that happens in there lives it was really touching to see how many people came and supported us that day.
Wedding song, explain choice for song:
Perfect by Ed Sheeran. Julia had another song in mind and David wasn’t quite on board with it. We were driving in the car one day and heard it on the radio. When it finished David said, “This should be our song, it’s PERFECT!”
Your top 3 favorite wedding details (cake, flowers, dress, band, etc.) and why:
1. Weather. Unexpected (but welcome) blizzard that made our pictures and photoshoot memorable. Despite the sub-zero conditions, it wasn’t completely obvious that our wedding party seemed to be dying. The outtake pictures may say otherwise…
2. Dress. It fit perfectly. It was exactly what Julia didn’t want in a dress. It was impossible to put on. So yeah, it was the perfect wedding dress!
3. DJ. David McBean said that he had an opportunity like he has never had before with a wedding, in the sense that the music selection was not typical. He said he was able to play things that he would never have played at a wedding. He even took the opportunity to come out to the dance floor and light it up.
Any advice to those that are planning their wedding?
The planning is longer than the day itself, so have fun planning it and don’t worry too much about the small things that will happen. At the end of the day, it is more about the love that you share with your partner than anythings else and it will come through in your actions
We will be going to Disneyland in June!